You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

scorpion

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 5:51am

Plowing technique

What technique do you use to plow irrigation pipe to install your insert tees. This is a broad scenario so lets say the lateral will be installed along a straight line containing 4 or 5 heads.

Do you:
(1) Plow to each head cutting the pipe and restarting the plow to the next head. You can then install
     the insert tees from the two lose pipe connections at each location, except at the ends.
(2) Plow one continuous line and cut your line (poly cutter) at each location underground to install your      tees.

In either scenario holes will be dug, prior to plowing the pipe, where the connection to the lateral is being made . I'm looking to determine which method you prefer. If there is another method let me know too.

bobw

Advanced Member

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 6:39am

I use the second, don't waste anytime cutting and reconnecting pipe to the plow. In addition, If you pull up at each connection, you tend to leave your connections too high.

Rate this thread