You are not logged in.

mcatone1

Starting Member

Saturday, June 10th 2006, 11:53am

Wiring needed for replacement

Hi and Good Day!! I have purchased a home w/an existing sprinkler system. We are now installing an inground pool and I have had the back yard part of the system 'capped-off'. I am now told by the pool contractor that the wire needs to be pulled up as well. Not a problem. I just do not know what type of wire I should replace the existing wire with. How do I determine what conducror wire I need? 18-2, 18-4......also, is it a good idea to splice into the existing wire and connect new wire? My situation is, that the controller is on one side of the house, and the valves are on the opposite rear side of the house, so the wire (after the pool installation) will run from the front rt of the home, around the rear of the yard and up 1/2 way up the other side of the home. I live in Florida in a 1 year old home, so the lot size ie 60x125. Not a great distance. Any quick and easy suggestions? Thanks!!!

xpedient

Sunday, June 25th 2006, 6:30pm

it does not matter if you splice into the existing wire or not. Look in your sprinkler timer and see how many wires are connected to it. You will need a wire for each zone plus one extra for the common wire. So if you have 6 zones you will need 18-7.
Xpedient Irrigation Inc. is a locally owned company that delivers solutions to all your sprinker system needs.
We service both residential and light commercial customers.

We offer: Complete installations
All types of Repairs
Summer start-ups
Evaluation of coverage
Troubleshooting
Pressure loss
Vacuum breaker repair
Drip/Low-Pressure Irrigation Installation and Repair
and Much More!

If you would like free consultation or advice for your property, please feel free to contact us with any questions!

Call or email us now to schedule your summer-start up!

http://www.highlandsranch.com/class/display.html?id=3537

Rate this thread