You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JimD

Monday, June 12th 2006, 10:08am

Sizing water pipe

I have a river system that uses a 1 1/4 inch pvc line and a 27 gallon per minute pump. The water line runs to the tank house that is 300 feet and 80ft rise in elevation.

I have split the line out past the plumbing tee and stay with the same size line with only a oneway valve in the line. I will probably add a watts y strainer or other filter on the line in the tank shed.

The sprinkler system will consist of a main run of
220 feet 1 1/2 inch line planned?
with 4 soloniod valves and lines of ? size pipe each of 240 feet
breaking off with 4 planned pgp heads on each line.
The main line will cross the lateral lines approx 60 feet from one end so you have three heads one way and 1 the other.

I will set the controller in the tank house and run 4 individual wires down the main line to the valves.

The tank house is on the hill and it is down hill 30 feet to the lowest and fartherest lateral line.

The queston is what size pipe is needed for the lateral lines and how much pressure and water is available andany other things that you noticed.

Thanks

Jim

DOORZ

Advanced Member

Monday, June 12th 2006, 10:24am

You can find a lot of information on this site about pipe sizes & pressure loss

http://irrigationtutorials.com/

Rate this thread