You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tabong

Starting Member

Sunday, June 18th 2006, 5:10pm

Well vs City; presure

I'll try to make this short. City water is $0.01/gal. I have a Rain-Bird system. 7 active zones, 2 programs. I put a well in that started out with 12 gpm, now is around 8 gpm. I changed most of the sprinkler heads to 8' (1 gpm). My problem is pressure. If I set my A program for zone 1, it's OK but when it transitions to 3, the heads do not pop up. Same if I have program B for zones 5,6,7. 5 comes on but when it transitions to 6, the head don't pop. If I advance program B from 5 to 6 to 7 then off. The start on 6, the zone works. It just won't go from one zone to the next and maintain pressure. When a zone is on, the pressure is 20-25. The pressure read 10 when on a zone that is not popping up. I've shut head off to try to limit the number of sprinklers in a zone, but then I'm not getting enough watering. I'm considering adding a new control box that would allow me to have 4 programs, which I could then set the important zones to start rather than transition. Does this makes sense?
Tom

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, June 19th 2006, 5:44am

Are your zone valves the kind with flow controls? They should be.

Rate this thread