You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rcajun36

Monday, June 26th 2006, 5:13am

Rain Dial RD-900int manual and Semi-auto problems

I have a Rain Dial RD-900int installed at my house. I am having a problem with the manual and semi-auto activation. When I turn the dial to a zone(doesn't matter which zone), enter length of time to run, and hit manual button, the display does something(no sure what as it changes so fast) and then goes to off and flashes. For semi-auto it appears to randomly pick a zone and turns it on, however the only zone that works is zone 4 of 4. I thought maybe I had a short in the solenoids, however, when running a program all zones work normally. This makes me suspect a controller problem.

xpedient

Monday, June 26th 2006, 6:24am

Ya it most likely sounds like a controller problem. Usually with a short in the system or a bad solenoid, the controller with display either "fuse" or "open" depending on the model. With the problem you have, it sounds like its toast. How long have you had the controller for? Sometimes this is the result of a lightning strike or just a defective clock. The RD-900 has been around for some time so it could just be time for a replacement..
Xpedient Irrigation Inc. is a locally owned company that delivers solutions to all your sprinker system needs.
We service both residential and light commercial customers.

We offer: Complete installations
All types of Repairs
Summer start-ups
Evaluation of coverage
Troubleshooting
Pressure loss
Vacuum breaker repair
Drip/Low-Pressure Irrigation Installation and Repair
and Much More!

If you would like free consultation or advice for your property, please feel free to contact us with any questions!

Call or email us now to schedule your summer-start up!

http://www.highlandsranch.com/class/display.html?id=3537

rcajun36

Monday, June 26th 2006, 6:48am

Thanks for the response. The house is about 3 yrs old so I figure the system is about that old also. I will look into replacing the controller and see if that clears it up.

xpedient

Monday, June 26th 2006, 6:53am

Its only 3 years old? I would expect much longer from a Rain Dial RD. Those clocks are not cheap. I am sorry to hear that..
Xpedient Irrigation Inc. is a locally owned company that delivers solutions to all your sprinker system needs.
We service both residential and light commercial customers.

We offer: Complete installations
All types of Repairs
Summer start-ups
Evaluation of coverage
Troubleshooting
Pressure loss
Vacuum breaker repair
Drip/Low-Pressure Irrigation Installation and Repair
and Much More!

If you would like free consultation or advice for your property, please feel free to contact us with any questions!

Call or email us now to schedule your summer-start up!

http://www.highlandsranch.com/class/display.html?id=3537

Rate this thread