You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JimD

Tuesday, June 27th 2006, 1:08pm

Which 1 1/2 valves needed

I have designed a system for my farm and need to use 1 1/2 inch valves.

There are several on the site to pick from. Is one better than the others?

I have a simple design of 1 1/2" PVC main line with four zones of 1 1/4 PVC inch line servicing 4 hunter pgp sprinkler heads on each lateral line.

The system is river run FW 1 1/2 horse, 27 gallon per minute wsubmersible pump with a total rise of 66 feet and run length of 500 feet to the 119 gal wel-x tank. The system splits for the house and yard at this point and the 1 1/2 line starts.

xpedient

Tuesday, June 27th 2006, 2:09pm

I would run I-20's for the heads but for the valves I would go with the GB series rainbird or the PEB series. I know they are both really expensive but they will handle the high pressure and flow.
Xpedient Irrigation Inc. is a locally owned company that delivers solutions to all your sprinker system needs.
We service both residential and light commercial customers.

We offer: Complete installations
All types of Repairs
Summer start-ups
Evaluation of coverage
Troubleshooting
Pressure loss
Vacuum breaker repair
Drip/Low-Pressure Irrigation Installation and Repair
and Much More!

If you would like free consultation or advice for your property, please feel free to contact us with any questions!

Call or email us now to schedule your summer-start up!

http://www.highlandsranch.com/class/display.html?id=3537

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 28th 2006, 8:10am

Four PGPs can run from a one inch valve, even if you leave the rest of the pipe sizes as specified. Look at a Rainbird 100-DVF-A, an angle version with flow control. That valve has some ability to tolerate debris in the water.

My own valve choices run towards Irritrol (nee Richdel) valves, which can also be had in a one-inch angle version. They need cleaner water, but I use strainers on all my pump installations. A standard one inch control valve can handle flows to 30 gpm and beyond, but they have significant pressure losses at those high flows. An angle version has less pressure loss than a globe version, once the GPM gets into the high 20's

Rate this thread