You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ss69rod

Starting Member

Thursday, July 6th 2006, 7:49pm

Looking for a hard to find item

I did a forum search and couldn't find anything on this topic. My homes previous owner installed a number of heads within inches of the house. Not a bad idea if you don't mind cleaning hard water spots off your windows and sliders every weekend. Most of the windows in these areas were ruined and I have just spent over $15k replacing every window and slider in the house. I don't want to go through this again and I was wondering if they made some type of overspray guard that can be placed behind the head to prevent this? Maybe something with a spike that sticks in the ground. All the heads are adjusted properly and I have little or no problem once they are running however it's when they first start and then close that I am having the biggest problem with water going in all directions. Home Depot and Lowes seemed to have no idea what I was asking for. Any advise would be appreciated.
Mitch

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, July 7th 2006, 2:43am

Replace/reposition the heads. Re-landscape if you have to. In extreme cases of needing to place water right next to a building you don't want to get wet, you would have sub-surface emitter lines in that area. As to the heads 'being adjusted properly' - most pros wouldn't consider wetting windows to be proper adjustment.

Rate this thread