You are not logged in.

dlp710

Starting Member

Tuesday, July 11th 2006, 5:31am

Sprinkler Permit Plan

I have decided to install a sprinkler system on my own. I am in process of applying for a permit and the township has requested that I install a backflow preventer in my system and provide plans along with the permit application. I have designed my system thoroughly, but am not clear on what plans the township expects from me - I assume just a diagram on the connection to the main and the location of the backflow preventer.

Could someone with experience in this area describe to me what the plans should detail or idealy, provide a sample of your plans that you submitted to your township. I am in no rush to install the system but I'd like to keep the permit turmoil down to a minimum.

Thanks

DOORZ

Advanced Member

Tuesday, July 11th 2006, 5:47am

I imagine each location is different, but where I live the ONLY thing the county cared about was the backflow device. They could care less about the irrigation system. Where I live they didn't require any plans, the only requirement was that the backflow device be installed properly.

I got my permit, installed by backflow device, ran a section of mainline (capped it), and got it inspected weeks before i even began to install my system.

I would call the county/city and ask specifically what they require for plans.

Rate this thread