You are not logged in.

hillman90

Thursday, July 13th 2006, 6:01pm

replacing rotors and sprays...

I just got my system up and running and while it works well, I see on here that most do not recommend Maxi-Paws and are in favor of the Hunter PGP's. The company replaced 2 of the Rain Birds with the PGP's due to mulch/dirt falling in the cup. I have many more Maxi Paws and was wondering what is involved in swapping it out for the PGP? I was not home when the guy did it. Also, i have quite a few Orbit spray heads(which no one is a fan of here) for my parkway and want to replace those with the Hunter/Rainbird counterpart....Is it as simple as digging them up and unscrewing and installing a new one? Thanks in advance!

DOORZ

Advanced Member

Friday, July 14th 2006, 2:48am

DOORZ

Advanced Member

Friday, July 14th 2006, 2:49am

For the most part it is as simple as digging the old one up & replacing with a new one, it just depends on what the installer used at the end of the latteral to connect the head. Most likely you will have a swing joint or funny pipe which gives you some flexibility for head height adjustment.

hillman90

Friday, July 14th 2006, 5:12am

thanks...the other Maxi Paws seem to be running well but the problem i have had is the debris that falls inside when the sprinkler is in use and then when it stops it sometimes does not seat well. As for the Orbit sprays, i just want them gone so i think i am going to start with those first. What is the easiest way to identify the Orbit sprayer so I can get the same Hunter product? Thanks again.

Rate this thread