You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

hillman90

Thursday, July 13th 2006, 6:01pm

replacing rotors and sprays...

I just got my system up and running and while it works well, I see on here that most do not recommend Maxi-Paws and are in favor of the Hunter PGP's. The company replaced 2 of the Rain Birds with the PGP's due to mulch/dirt falling in the cup. I have many more Maxi Paws and was wondering what is involved in swapping it out for the PGP? I was not home when the guy did it. Also, i have quite a few Orbit spray heads(which no one is a fan of here) for my parkway and want to replace those with the Hunter/Rainbird counterpart....Is it as simple as digging them up and unscrewing and installing a new one? Thanks in advance!

DOORZ

Advanced Member

Friday, July 14th 2006, 2:48am

DOORZ

Advanced Member

Friday, July 14th 2006, 2:49am

For the most part it is as simple as digging the old one up & replacing with a new one, it just depends on what the installer used at the end of the latteral to connect the head. Most likely you will have a swing joint or funny pipe which gives you some flexibility for head height adjustment.

hillman90

Friday, July 14th 2006, 5:12am

thanks...the other Maxi Paws seem to be running well but the problem i have had is the debris that falls inside when the sprinkler is in use and then when it stops it sometimes does not seat well. As for the Orbit sprays, i just want them gone so i think i am going to start with those first. What is the easiest way to identify the Orbit sprayer so I can get the same Hunter product? Thanks again.

Rate this thread