You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rog

Sunday, July 16th 2006, 7:53am

Which Fertigator and questions

Well, I am back again. I am (again) looking into fertigation. As per my last post, I have approx 44k sq'. pumping from the lake with an anti siphon valve at intake. Looking for some examples of what to use for system, where to buy, etc. I live in MN, so I have winterization and Phosphate free chemicals to consider. I am pretty much irrigating turf with some flowers that are in the way.

Which system would be recommended.
Which fertilizer is recommended.

Besides cost of system, what would be my annual or monthly costs.

Is this something that is "ON" all of the time?
Or do you run a treatment once a month?, spring,fall?, spring,mid summer and fall?

Rite now we are amidst a pretty (OK really) dry summer and am watering 9 zones approx 20-25 GPM 1 hr every 2 days. (odd zones 1 day and even zones other day)

Thanx in advance for all of your input/responses.

rog

Fertigation Guru

Monday, July 17th 2006, 9:04am

Every fertigation system available can be bypassed or run dry except for Dosematic and Dose-a-tron. If you run either of these systems dry the seals will burn up just like any other pump.

Fertigator- Pro M
EZ FLO- EZ005-fx 0r EZ010-FX
Fertile Earth- Smart Feeder

The fertile earth will be very expensive to use based on the size or your landscape.
The fertigator can accommodate any size landscape
The ez flo, use Growmore fertilizer and save a bunch of money.

rog

Monday, July 17th 2006, 12:33pm

OK, so these are the choices? I have that are recommended. I also will not have a controller or power where I will be installing.

Fertigator- Pro M
EZ FLO- EZ005-fx 0r EZ010-FX
Fertile Earth- Smart Feeder

The fertile earth will be very expensive to use based on the size or your landscape.

I see I can omit the Fertile Earth feeder

The fertigator can accommodate any size landscape
The ez flo, use Growmore fertilizer and save a bunch of money.

EZ flo seems to be the way to go? Will check into fertigator as well, however, from what I remember, I was hedging toward EZflo.

Questions- do U run all the time? or is this a 2-3-4x per yr application?
Where is the best place to purchase?
I was looking at the EZ010HC or the EZ020HC. Is the 20 overkill?

How about the Gromore? place to buy?

Thanx 4 UR help FGuru. It is appreciated.....

rog

Rate this thread