You are not logged in.

BTanner

Sunday, July 16th 2006, 2:45pm

More Zones

Back a couple of years ago when I was installing my irrigation system and searching for controllers, I come across an alternating device that could be wired into any zone output on any controller. The device would allow one to expand their current controller by alternating the output between two valves. Example: The device is wired to the Zone "1" output, the first time that zone "1" is fired, it would fire valve "A", the next time it would fire valve "B". Has anyone ever heard of or seen this device and know where it can be purchased?
Thanks for all who reply[?]

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 16th 2006, 5:25pm

The device was named 'Doubler' and was actually an impulse relay in a sealed container. For the money, you could look for another controller.

mrfixit

Sunday, August 6th 2006, 12:16pm

Hi there, I just installed something called "Add a Zone". It does exactly what you described. It's used when you don't have enough wires to run all your valves. Sometimes running a new wire is nearly impossibe or very costly. I've been in the irrigation repair buisness for 9 years and done thousands of jobs. I've always avoided installing this device because of the cost factor. It was over 100 dollars. But let me tell you. I was very happy with the results. I have no problem recommending it. Your local hardware store probably wont carry this. Try the following link:
http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/detail.aspx?ID=1781
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

Rate this thread