You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

SharonR

Tuesday, July 25th 2006, 12:13pm

Low Pressue and possible leak??

I ran an experiment on the system. I turned the main valve on as far as it would go (in the basement), heard the water gush. I then ran upstairs and turned all the valves on at the outside wall open as far as they would go. All the sprinkler heads worked, however, the pressure was extremely low. There was about a two feet of diameter spray from zone 1, 2 and 3 and zone 4 (the furtherest away) was all but a leak in the ground.

I turned off all the zones except for zone 1 and the water pressure was back up to normal spray (like it was before), this only happens when I turn everything else off though. Zone 1 and 2 seem to cover the majority of the lawn.

SharonR

Wednesday, July 26th 2006, 3:54am

Boy do I feel stupid! I think I solved my own problem. The zones are not all supposed to run at the same time, are they? In any event, I think I figured out why the pressure is so low. I was trying to run them all at the same time (It's been a few years since I've used the system and I forgot this little detail!). I'm going to program the control box to each zone for 15 minitues at at time and see how it goes. I do have some minor leaks in the pvc connections at the wall though that need to be addressed, but should not be a major ordeal.

Anyway, thanks for not laughing at me.....[:I]

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 26th 2006, 4:22am

We had confidence that you'd figure that one-at-time thing out. I do hope the system has some backflow protection. http://irrigationtutorials.com/

SharonR

Wednesday, July 26th 2006, 3:39pm

What the heck is that and where would I find it?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 27th 2006, 12:43am

Read a bit http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/sprinkler08.htm

Rate this thread