You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

muknlu

Starting Member

Sunday, July 30th 2006, 11:10pm

Backflow Preventer spitting water

Help, recently my backflow preventor has begun spitting water and banging whenever the front yard sprinkler system zone comes on (4:00AM). This is 1) killing my sleep, and 2) the only way to stop the banking is to open the faucets in the house which seems to release pressure and the spitting then stops. I also noticed that my last water bill has jumped from an average of 8000 gals per month to 24,000 gals for June. I sdon't know wqhat is going on, but I am fearful there is a leak somewhere or else my backflow preventer is in need of repair. I needs some expert advice.... Thanks!
muknlu

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, July 31st 2006, 6:15am

Call your repairman, unless you just want to replace the entire backflow preventer with a new one. (and even then, that might not cure your problems)

xpedient

Tuesday, August 8th 2006, 5:33pm

You probably have a leak somewhere between the vacuum breaker and manifold. You have water hammer. For some reason you have air in the lines. It is probably a kink or break.
Xpedient Irrigation Inc. is a locally owned company that delivers solutions to all your sprinker system needs.
We service both residential and light commercial customers.

We offer: Complete installations
All types of Repairs
Summer start-ups
Evaluation of coverage
Troubleshooting
Pressure loss
Vacuum breaker repair
Drip/Low-Pressure Irrigation Installation and Repair
and Much More!

If you would like free consultation or advice for your property, please feel free to contact us with any questions!

Call or email us now to schedule your summer-start up!

http://www.highlandsranch.com/class/display.html?id=3537

Rate this thread