You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

StefanS

Thursday, August 10th 2006, 11:37am

Rainbird MS-100

Dear all,

Apologies in advance regarding mistakes while writing in English - I am living in France.

I addressed a question to Rainbird regarding their moisture sensor MS-100. I wanted to know how two sensors could be connected to the MS-100 or how two MS-100 would work with one controller. They answered that the product was discontinued in both the American and the European market with immediate effect. At the same time all product information was deleted from the Rainbird and related websites without giving any reason. It seems as if this product never had existed...

Do you know anything about the background ? Did the MS-100 work properly or not ? I have the possibility to get two new MS-100. Are they worth to be taken or do you advise me to buy a different product ? Which one could suit the same purpose ?

Thank you very much for every hint in this mysterious affair.

Best regards
Stefan

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, August 10th 2006, 2:47pm

Assume it didn't work. They discontinue stuff for a reason. If you want to sense the moisture content of soil, and do it with accuracy and reliability, you will be spending hundreds of dollars. (or Euros)

StefanS

Friday, August 11th 2006, 5:24am

Thank you - I guess you are right. Nevertheless there are several reports in the web describing that it works. Moreover, the product was available for several years and existed in a second, optimised version. So, if only very special and complex jobs would not be feasible maybe the MS-100 would be suitable for my really simple application. This was the background of my question.

Best regards
Stefan

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, August 12th 2006, 12:48pm

So, buy them and find out, and post the results. Soil moisture detecting seems to be a chancy proposition, judging from products introduced and discontinued. There will be more attempts, no doubt.

Rate this thread