You are not logged in.

jnam@frontiernet.net

Starting Member

Tuesday, September 19th 2006, 1:59pm

how to start a sprinkler business

I AM INTERESTED IN STARTING A SPRINKLER BUSINESS. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET STARTED?
JAMES O'Connell

mrfixit

Tuesday, September 19th 2006, 5:17pm

What is the best way. Oh boy where does one start to answer that. I'd say the best way is to work for someone who does sprinklers for a couple of years to get the training then branch out on your own. In my case I was doing landscape construction. I'd installed enough sprinkler systems but I only enjoyed doing repairs. I thought I knew enough to start a repair business. So I just ran an ad in the local paper. The phone started ringing and I've never looked back. About the knowing enough part. Oh man what a joke. I learned new things everyday on the job. After the first 1000 jobs I thought I knew what I was doing. After 2000 jobs I knew that was wrong. Now I can finally say I'm very good at what I do. So back to your question. What is the best way to start a business. Here's my answer. Dedication and hard work is the best way to establish your business. Here's a quote given to me by a man who came to america with 20 dollars at the age of 18 and died a multi-millionaire. He also worked outdoors. These words ran through my head almost everyday when I was establishing myself. "Be where you're supposed to be when you're supposed to be there. Do what you're supposed to do when you're supposed to do it." Anywho, that's just my experience. Others will have different suggestions. Good luck to you!
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

Rate this thread