You are not logged in.

Monday, September 25th 2006, 9:24am

Fitting for Westec blow-out adapter

I inherited a sprinkler system from the previous owners. We got it blown out last year for $100. I decided to buy a compressor this year and do it myself (Craftsman 6hp peak, 33 gal). Read through the forum and searched the web for the part I'm looking for. Currently there is a "quick-connector" on my drain valve. The cap says Westec Irrigation. I need the male end of that connector to connect the compressor hose to. It's a twist and lock design (no threads). Any suggestions where I can find this? Thanks in advance!!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, September 25th 2006, 2:26pm

Remove the quick connector. Then you have good old pipe threads to work with.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Tuesday, September 26th 2006, 10:48am

I agree.
Thanks,

Pete

Tuesday, September 26th 2006, 3:01pm

Thanks guys for the reply. I was misread the brand - it's West Ag Irrigation. I may end up just taking it off and working with the plain old threads, but I'm pursuing one other avenue. Seems that West Ag might have been bought out by STORM and apparently Buckner is a subsidary of Storm. Look like I might be able to get it thru them, if they return my call....otherwise, I'll take your advise. Thanks again!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, September 27th 2006, 3:16am

If you are talking about a "quick connector valve" of the sort that is usually used to 'plug in' a sprinkler head, or hose connection, you just don't need it. If you do want the same ability to quickly disconnect the air that pros have, you might install a hose bib in place of the QCV, and then a garden hose swivel fitting on the end of the air hose. You don't need the QCV 'key' to do this job (myself, I prefer garden hose threads) - but for once-a-year duty at your home, you don't need any of this stuff.

Rate this thread