You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

pjaq

Starting Member

Friday, September 29th 2006, 1:08pm

Sprinklers or drip?

My wife and I are in the process of putting in our system. Our front yard is lawn. Our back yard is all torn out. We plan to put in a small artificial putting green and a bunch of flower beds.

Our question is whether we should put in drip irrigation or sprinklers for the back yard. We were planning on doing drip and them we met a guy at a garden store that said drip was a pain if you have to rake leaves or anything like that.

We are thinking that drip conserves water and does not water as many weeds as regular sprinklers would. Do you have an opinion on this?

Thanks,

Peter

mrfixit

Friday, September 29th 2006, 1:18pm

If you bury all of your driplines then then you wont have any problem with raking. You could always just use a leaf blower instead of raking. Sometimes driplines are the answer. People have a tendency to overplant flowerbeds and wind up watering part of it by hand or having to move sprinklers around. Adding to a dripline is easy to do. I used to hate working on driplines and avoided them. But once you get the hang of it. No worries. I love the staked stream bubblers myself. Goodluck!
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

Rate this thread