You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

caleb

Tuesday, October 10th 2006, 4:08pm

AVB Winterization

So on my system I am trying to blow out the sprinklers with an air compressor. I have always done it before and it is just 2 zones so I don;t want to pay someone $40. So there is the mainline with an Isolation Ball Valve Inlet inside the house then another Isolation Ball Valve Inlet outside. Then there is a Test Cock then the AVB then another test cock on the other side of the AVB then another ball valve. I hooked the compressor to the test cock downstream of the AVB and closed the ball valve closest to the house and open the test cock with a screwdriver. All the air goes backward and through the AVB. I don;t know how to not get it to go back upstream through the AVB? Any ideas. I have never dealt with an AVB before. Is there a way to close it so the pressure will go out through the lines. I am really confused.

Rate this thread