You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JohnnyG101

Wednesday, October 11th 2006, 3:07pm

R-50 not set properly

I bought a home that has a bunch of R50's installed. I pulled out unit from the system and noticed that the dummy did NOT set the basket setting (the dial on the bottom of the unit) to the correct nozzel he was using. The nozzel is a 1.5 and the basket was set to 3.0

What are the issues associated with this? I am sure most of them are wrong but if its not a big deal i will not pull them out.

Thanks

mrfixit

Wednesday, October 11th 2006, 4:39pm

That sound like a lot of work. I don't see any problem with it being set too high. Now if it was set too low then you might see a performance problem. If the sprinklers seem to be operating properly I'd just wait and see if any problems arise. I'm betting none do. Here's a couple of links for you.

http://www.rainbird.com/pdf/diy/man_R50.pdf
http://www.rainbird.com/diy/products/rotors/chart_tdr2_r50.htm
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

JohnnyG101

Thursday, October 12th 2006, 7:01am

Well isnt it going to rotate way to slow if there is a 1.5 nozzle on it and the basket is set to 3.0?

I placed the one I pulled yesterday back in the ground and have everything back at 1.5 and it rotates much quicker now.

mrfixit

Thursday, October 12th 2006, 9:07am

I read that too. But it says if the nozzel is a number 3 and rotates too slow then change the setting to 2. I believe that's a low pressure problem though. If you see a distinct change in the performance then I say go ahead and dig up every sprinkler in your yard and change the settings. What is too slow anyway? Maybe it's rotating too fast now.
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

Rate this thread