You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

GSH

Friday, October 20th 2006, 11:06am

Variable vs fixed pattern heads

I'm thinking of installing variable heads all around so that I can tweak the spray patterns later if necessary. Is there any reason not to do this except possibly for cost?

mrfixit

Friday, October 20th 2006, 2:33pm

I find the variable arc nozzles have a tendency to clog or develop gaps in the spray pattern. They also break easier. I don't believe they cover as well on the outer edge of the pattern. Meaning the right and left side of the spray pattern from the nozzel outward. But if you do regular maintenance of your system. Then maybe it wont be as much as a problem for you. I personally use them only when nothing else will cover. Good luck!
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Saturday, October 21st 2006, 4:28am

If cost isn't a primary concern, you could try the MPRotators. Lots of people seem to like them and they are all (almost) variable spray patterns (the only fixed pattern I recall is the full 360 spray pattern).

Rate this thread