You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

GSH

Saturday, October 21st 2006, 7:31am

Hunter Swivel Joints

Can someone tell which thread size of Hunter Swivel Joint is compatible with the Rain Bird 1800 series, 1 inch sprinker body (1/2 or 3/4 inch MPT)?

mrfixit

Saturday, October 21st 2006, 10:29am

I'm not sure what a 1" sprinkler body is. Maybe you meant 2". But the RainBird 1800 series all have a 1/2" inlet. So get the 1/2" hunter swing joints.
One more thing. I don't like to go less than a 4" pop up if at all possible. Good luck!
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

GSH

Saturday, October 21st 2006, 10:55am

Thanks. I'll go with the 1/2 inch. Now I need to determine whether to use the 6 or 12 inch Swivel Joint. Seems like 6 inches would be adequate, but I guess extra length would be easy to accomodate. Any suggestions?

I did plan to use the 4 inch pop-ups as 2.5 inch seems marginal.

mrfixit

Saturday, October 21st 2006, 5:42pm

Stick with the 6". 12 inches would be overkill on a 4" pop up unless you're trying to move the sprinkler a few inches. Good luck!
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

Rate this thread