You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

2wheelterror

Sunday, October 22nd 2006, 6:23pm

Hunter HPV101 Flow/Pressure Control

The installation manual does'nt provide any details on proper adjust of the pressure/flow adjustment feature? Do you have to use a pressure gauge initally or just guess?[:D] I am feeding some drip sections and need to keep the pressure low.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, October 23rd 2006, 6:48am

Flow adjustment is not pressure regulation - buy an inline regulator for the drip, or a regulation module for the control valve - inline regulators are cheaper.

2wheelterror

Monday, October 23rd 2006, 4:06pm

Thanks, I understand the difference between pressure and flow. I am guessing the adjustment must be linear since there is only one adjustment knob. The manual clearly states <i>faciliates zone pressure control and flow management, additionally the tech info says 20 to 150 psi</i>. I was just trying to figue out if it could be preadjusted adequately to keep from over-driving the zone. BTW they were only $2 bucks more.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, October 24th 2006, 3:27am

You still don't get it (barring some great bargain you found) - only a true pressure regulator is used to feed drip. A flow control on a standard valve doesn't cut it.

2wheelterror

Tuesday, October 24th 2006, 10:12am

I'm with you! But I question the product documentation that says it can control zone pressure as well as flow. If you have the time, the product manual is on the SW website under HPV Valves the model 101. Let me know if you read it differently than me.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, October 24th 2006, 3:03pm

They wouldn't be thinking of drip, but of sprays or rotors. Obviously, if you restrict the flow, you reduce pressure downstream of a valve. Drip, however, can be at flows so low, that a throttle can't be counted on to be of any use. If you are going to effectively use drip, you need some sort of pressure regulation, in the form of a spring-loaded regulator.

2wheelterror

Tuesday, October 24th 2006, 5:05pm

Thanks for your advise

Rate this thread