You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Jeff Baker

Tuesday, October 24th 2006, 6:13pm

Rainbird 5000-What tool do you use

Just bought some Rainbird 5000's and have a question as to what type of tool you insert in the top to install the nozzle. The Rainbird directions say "Insert Tool into pull-up slot, turn 90 degrees and lift up stem". I see no reference as to what type of tool, I did not get any tool with the rotor heads and see no tool at the Rainbird.com site or Sprinkler Warehouse site.

JeffB

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, October 25th 2006, 4:59am

A small flat-blade screwdriver will work for those nozzles. That's all that really matters. As for lifting the rotor, you need the tool.

Jeff Baker

Wednesday, October 25th 2006, 6:24am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Wet_Boots</i>
<br />A small flat-blade screwdriver will work for those nozzles. That's all that really matters. As for lifting the rotor, you need the tool.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Is the tool that chrome device shaped like a horseshoe at the end to lift the rotor unit? Thanks for the quick reply.
JeffB

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Thursday, October 26th 2006, 4:55pm

Yes...green handle?
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Blonco

Friday, October 27th 2006, 3:49am

I just installed my spinkler system and order all my parts through spinklerwarehouse but there was no tool included. Can I order the tool?

Rate this thread