You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

seanwoodward

Starting Member

Saturday, October 28th 2006, 8:33am

I have no clue what I'm doing

A couple weekends ago we had a huge power outage and my old sprinkler timer stopped working. I went a bought a new timer and now I can only get 2 out of the 3 zones to work. I'm not to sure why I can't get the other zone to run, but every time I try the pump starts for about 2 seconds and then clicks the whole system off. Please help!!!!!

mrfixit

Saturday, October 28th 2006, 10:14am

Usually when a specific zone shorts out the timer it's the solenoid on the valve. Either that or the ground and the hot wire are touching somewhere along the line on that numbered zone. Try this. Disconnect one of the wires at the valve which is shorting out the timer. Then turn on the timer. If it doesn't short out then you know it's the solenoid. If it does then the short is somewhere along the wiring. Good luck!
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

Rate this thread