You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

DOORZ

Advanced Member

Wednesday, November 15th 2006, 7:17am

Winterization Question

I have a question about winterizing my system. In reading through all of the information about winterizing my system it mentions to start with the furthest zone, and work you way back to the blowout/shutoff. I assume the easiest way to cycle through all of the zones would be to use the controller, and have it set to run each zone for 2 minutes and then move on to the next zone.

My question is really pertaining to the zones closest to my blowout/shutoff. I have 5 zones (zones 9-13) that are in this area, zone 9 is at the lowest point, and 13 is at the highest point. If I cycle these zones through using the timer the lowest zone will get blown out before the highest zone. Each one of these zones gets progressively higher until it gets to the last zone, which is an elevation change of about 10 feet from low point to high point. Is this going to matter?

I plan on cycling through the entire system twice, but I wasn’t sure if I would get water running from the higher zones back into the lower zones, or is that not possible due to the entire system being pressurized?

This is my first year with the sprinkler system, so I am looking for some advice before I do my first winterization.

Rate this thread