You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

djlachance

Starting Member

Saturday, November 18th 2006, 2:00pm

Back flow to close to the house.

The guy who installed my back flow (Febco 825Y) put it on so the test cocks are facing the house. Problem is that only gives me about 2 inches to connect my compressor. I can't get the 1/4" connector on and fit my compressor hose in that space. Does anybody know if there is a 1/4" 90 degree fitting. Or any other thought you might have. I am all ears.

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Sunday, November 19th 2006, 9:23am

Yes they make a variety of galvanized and brass fittings for this....

I would recommend however that the backflow be installed differently, especially if you are in a state that requires the device to be tested.
In the interim...use a 1/4 inch street ell...male threads on one end of the 90 and female on the others...
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

lehrjet01

Starting Member

Saturday, December 2nd 2006, 3:36am

Hey instead of using the test cock which isn't the best way to blowout a system. On the downside outflow of the backflow cut out a piece of pvc and install a 1x1x3/4 or 1/2 tee. You can then use that to blowout your system with no problems from now on. Don't forget to buy a 3/4 or 1/2 plug as well make sure its threaded the tee and the plug.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by djlachance</i>
<br />The guy who installed my back flow (Febco 825Y) put it on so the test cocks are facing the house. Problem is that only gives me about 2 inches to connect my compressor. I can't get the 1/4" connector on and fit my compressor hose in that space. Does anybody know if there is a 1/4" 90 degree fitting. Or any other thought you might have. I am all ears.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">[8]

jimmyburg

Advanced Member

Wednesday, January 9th 2008, 9:45am

Backflows are not there for irrigation blow-outs!
Jimmy
Texas Lic. Irrigator
Landscape Irrigation Auditing & Management
Texas Lic. Backflow Tester

Rate this thread