You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tviles

Wednesday, November 29th 2006, 5:19am

Compressed Air thru valve

I installed a PVC 3/4 x 3/4 x 1/2 tee near my water source. I put a 1/2 PVC plug in it for regular use and remove it to thread in air connector for compressor. Question is I manually open the valves one at a time and applied 120psi compressed air. The valves sounded like french horns on crack. The valves are the Toro 1 inch backflow breakover type. Will this hurt the valves? Guess I will find out next summer huh?

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Wednesday, November 29th 2006, 5:46pm

That is fairly normal for the anti siphon type valves to make that noise...HOWEVER...I would caution you as to that high of pressure. You really want lower pressure and higher CFM...cubic feet (of air) per minute...

This can only be achieved by using a larger compressor.....you can rent them at the rental yard next year.

Good luck...
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Rate this thread