You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

beansly

Monday, December 4th 2006, 5:35am

Orbit 55100 popup knockers

I just read all the posts to stay away from orbit alltogether.

BUT

I'm on a VERY tight budget and installed 3 of these 55100 popup knockers and hit trouble. The part of the head on the spring that impacts the water is getting stuck open. Mind you that I tested them all before installing them to make sure the "flapper" as i call it is operating smoothly. Everythinbg worked fine untill i installed them ,of course... So now the all plastic heads except the spring, feel like they have sand stopping them from closing into the water stream. Hence they do not "impact" or "knock" as advertized. They do however "popup" [:)]

Also They have 2 inputs for water pressure. One of the side, and one on the bottom. I can see the screen on the bottom hole to filter debris, but i cant see a screen in the hole on the side "which i'm using."

Any tips to lubercate the plastic heads? or sand them? I cannot even find instructions on how to dississemble the damn things or a exploded view for that matter.

BEansly

beansly

Monday, December 4th 2006, 7:04am

Ok, I figured it out. I had to get my needle nose pliers and stretch the spring further to power through any sand that gets in the joint of the head. I think I pet a little to much pressure but it will have to do.

Now I get to wire up my rain bird indoor computer. THe JOY!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, December 4th 2006, 2:03pm

Popup impact heads and sand do not play well together.

Rate this thread