You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

retgymnast

Starting Member

Monday, December 18th 2006, 7:08am

Need a Way to Water Flower Pots on Door Stoop

Anyone have a suggestion on how I could tie into my sprinkler system's flower bed zone to water two pots on my front door stoop? Is there a kit that might have a flexible line with a soaker/bubbler at the end that could be "T" connected into the feed line[?]
Retiredgymnast

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, December 18th 2006, 1:42pm

Drip irrigation can handle something like that. Properly done, it gets pretty fussy. The easy way to tee off some drip from a zone of spray heads, is with a Rainbird 1804 Retrofit Kit, which is designed to turn one of their popup spray heads into a drip watering source.

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Tuesday, December 19th 2006, 8:40am

I'd agree that some sort of Drip irrigation is what you are looking for. The main issue with tying into an existing sprikler system is that drip irrigation systems require that the water get filtered because the emitters use very small openings that can quickly get clogged. The good news is that if you use the retrofit Wet Boots is talking about, the filter is included in the retro-kit. If you do it some other way, you'll have to insure that you filter the thing your self.

Of course one issue you might find yourself fighting is the likelyhood that the pots require watering at a different schedule than the flower bed.

I have roses both in flower beds and in pots. Here in the deep south, I find that roses in pot need watering every day while those in the ground can go every other to every third day.

Rate this thread