You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

MichaelCoombs

Starting Member

Tuesday, January 30th 2007, 2:23pm

Febco 765-3/4 spriknkler/drip system valve

I have a in-ground drip system in Phoenix Arizona. It recently was below freezing in Phoenix and the Febco 765 3/4 has been dripping ever so slightly and does not seal. I opened it up and inspected it, which seems to have good valve movment and appear to seal fairly well, but has a very slow drip. I tried putting some telfon tape on the threads of the plastic inserted valve, but no luck.

Does anyone have expierence in these freezing but not breaking any of the plastic parts? Would replacing the plastic insert and thus the seals most probably work or do I need to get a totaly new one?
Mike
mike.coombs@cox.net

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Wednesday, January 31st 2007, 2:26am

Small drip could mean that the poppet..the small piece that goes up and down....is cracked. If it is leaking from the threaded area of the bonnet....it could be a hairline crack in that area as well.

Sometimes the freeze cracks them, sometimes not.....the drip will only get worse..and will irritate you no doubt, replace it if you feel the need.

Examine the brass body carefully for damage and/or nicks in the threaded area....that could also be a problem.

I have several folks that I've worked with in the Phoenix area, if it turns out you need a contractor, contact me.

Good luck....
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Rate this thread