You are not logged in.

shmoe

Wednesday, March 21st 2007, 5:12am

Shallow Well

Is there any thing I can do. My water table has dropped to 28'. My pump sits about 4' higher than my neighbors due to house built up a bit higher. In the last 3 years, my pump doesnt push water like it used to. Local well co. said I might need to go deep well. I put in a new point last year but to no avail. Is there any thing I can do or is there a pump that will pull more than 25'? Deep well is expensive.
Thank you

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, March 21st 2007, 6:23am

What is your well point diameter? There are steps you can take short of the expense of a deep well.

shmoe

Wednesday, March 21st 2007, 6:33am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Wet_Boots</i>
<br />What is your well point diameter? There are steps you can take short of the expense of a deep well.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
2" inlet,1.5" outlet 2hp pump. The sand point is 35' deep.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, March 21st 2007, 8:10am

If your well point is a two-inch pipe, then you have the possibility of using a deep-well pump and ejector assembly. This is expensive, but less expensive than an artesian well and submersible pump. The deep-well jet pump will push some water back down the well, through an injector assembly. The assembly, in combination with its gaskets, and the inch-and-a-quarter pipe connected to it, lets you pump water from a deeper well. One possible problem here is that there isn't a whole lot of difference between the 28-foot water level and the 35-foot well bottom
http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/agdex639?opendocument

Rate this thread