You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

shmoe

Wednesday, March 21st 2007, 5:12am

Shallow Well

Is there any thing I can do. My water table has dropped to 28'. My pump sits about 4' higher than my neighbors due to house built up a bit higher. In the last 3 years, my pump doesnt push water like it used to. Local well co. said I might need to go deep well. I put in a new point last year but to no avail. Is there any thing I can do or is there a pump that will pull more than 25'? Deep well is expensive.
Thank you

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, March 21st 2007, 6:23am

What is your well point diameter? There are steps you can take short of the expense of a deep well.

shmoe

Wednesday, March 21st 2007, 6:33am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Wet_Boots</i>
<br />What is your well point diameter? There are steps you can take short of the expense of a deep well.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
2" inlet,1.5" outlet 2hp pump. The sand point is 35' deep.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, March 21st 2007, 8:10am

If your well point is a two-inch pipe, then you have the possibility of using a deep-well pump and ejector assembly. This is expensive, but less expensive than an artesian well and submersible pump. The deep-well jet pump will push some water back down the well, through an injector assembly. The assembly, in combination with its gaskets, and the inch-and-a-quarter pipe connected to it, lets you pump water from a deeper well. One possible problem here is that there isn't a whole lot of difference between the 28-foot water level and the 35-foot well bottom
http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/agdex639?opendocument

Rate this thread