You are not logged in.

22sprinklerman

Thursday, March 22nd 2007, 2:07pm

how many heads per zone

I would like to know how many heads i can have per zone @ 40, 50, 60 psi?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, March 22nd 2007, 3:38pm

http://irrigationtutorials.com/ ~ Read it all. It will help you ask questions that can actually be answered.

gregory1420

Advanced Member

Thursday, March 22nd 2007, 3:38pm

depends on the gpm you have and what the heads will be doing 1/4 circle 1/2 circle you get the picture.......heres a good site http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/

Tom

Supreme Member

Friday, March 23rd 2007, 2:32am

What is the size of your service line?
What is the material (copper, galvy, etc.)?
What size is your water meter?

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Friday, March 23rd 2007, 6:18pm

It's not about pressure, it's about gpm (gallons per minute). Now pressure will likely effect how many gpm a head is going to output, and you should be able to find tech specs on the heads you plan to use that will likely tell you the gpm based on pressure at the head. So what you've got to do is determine the gpm available to your system, and from there its simple arithmetic to determine the number of head you can use. Of course don't forget to allow for a little extra (assuming the water feeding your irrigation is the same feeding your house).

I also agree with the previous posts that irrigationtutorials.com is what you need to read. There is alot, and on first read will be a little confusing. But since you are asking a pretty basic question, it shows you either need to pay for someone knowledgeable to design a system for you, or you'll have to pay by way of time to give your self an education. If you don't you're likely to put together a system that doesn't work and it will cost even more to fix after the fact. So one way or another... you're going to pay.
The good news is that if you attempt to read the tutorials and still have questions, there are several knowledgeable people in this forum that will be happy to help you educate yourself.

Rate this thread