You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Jackhipp

Friday, March 23rd 2007, 8:58am

Rebuilding Valves

I have 2 valves that are leaking out to the sprinkler heads. I has a guy offer to rebuild them(kit) for $80 each. Is this the best way to go and does this seem to be a fair price. The valves are 4-6" below ground???
Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, March 23rd 2007, 9:56am

What's the price to replace them?

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Friday, March 23rd 2007, 10:21am

If it were here.....

Service call $65
Parts (2 valves for parts to rebuild your valves) $70

Barring any catastrophes...or difficult to get to valves....$135

I would say he is right in line....must be using flat rate pricing....it would also depend on what kind of valve they are....common valves -vs- hard to get valves or brass or high dollar Rainbird stuff.

Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Jackhipp

Friday, March 23rd 2007, 10:34am

Thanks for your response..

cjjsprinkler

Friday, March 23rd 2007, 11:32am

It sounds like you need a new diaphragm, what size and brand are your sprinkler valves? Unless they are super old or very large, consider fixing them. A new diaphragm should cost you $10-$15 and all you need is a screwdriver.

Rate this thread