You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jasont

Friday, April 6th 2007, 5:09am

Tubing Question

Good morning.

What size tubing will fit the following item:
Xeri-Bubbler - 8 Streams
SXB-360-SPYK

Thanks in advance!

cjjsprinkler

Friday, April 6th 2007, 12:37pm

Your SXB-360-SPYK has a 1/4" barb inlet, so 1/4" distribution tubing should be used to connect to your 1/2" or 3/4" drip tube.

jasont

Saturday, April 7th 2007, 2:33am

CJ,

Thanks for your response to my question.

I have a 2 follow-up questions though:

What do I use to connect the 1/2'' tubing to the 1/4'' tubing?
What size tubing will connect to my water source(in my case, the hose spicket)?

Thanks in advance!
Jason

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Saturday, April 7th 2007, 5:48am

IF you are using 1/2" drip tubing (thin stuff to allow emmitters to be punched into the tubing), then the maker of your tubing likely makes a connector to transition from hose spicket to tubing. Usually, this is a part of a set that would include a pressure reducer, a simple backflow preventer, filter, and 1/2" tubing connection that all connects up to your hose spicket.

The transition of 1/2" tubing to 1/4" tubing is done via double barb fittings. The 1/4" tubing slides over one barb, and the other barb is punched through the 1/2" drip tubing.

Rate this thread