You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, April 7th 2007, 1:19pm

Wiring to Valves

I have 2 valves that control the sprinklers in front of my house that work when turned on manually. Does anyone know why there is a 110 extension cord connected to those sprinkler valves leading to the garage with no connection? Wires on the valves are: green to each valve and black to one valve and white to the other valve. I installed a new timer and connected 5 sprinkler wires to the timer which controls all the other sprinklers on my property like it should but nothing controls the front sprinklers. I'm wondering what to do with this 110 wire coming from the front sprinklers. I'm new at this and any help would be appreciated.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 8th 2007, 4:42am

The "110 wire" might have been a substitute for regular sprinkler control wire, or thermostat wire.

Sunday, April 8th 2007, 6:17am

Thank you, But how would you connect these wires to the timer?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 8th 2007, 9:57am

It's color coded wire, and the specific colors aren't important. The color that's connected to both solenoids is the common.

Sunday, April 8th 2007, 1:56pm

Tried but that didn't work either. I don't know what the problem is.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 8th 2007, 6:57pm

Maybe the solenoids are bad. Maybe the wire's bad. You can test for this with a multimeter, or you can hire a repairman to put it right.

Rate this thread