You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

signal15

Starting Member

Sunday, April 8th 2007, 9:46am

crazy pipe diameter changes at POC

My pipe coming into the house is 1", which is then connected to a 5/8" meter, which then goes to a 3/4" copper pipe for distribution throughout my house. Since I have to connect right after the meter, I will have to tap into that 3/4" pipe. Now, the Hunter valves are 1", which means I will need to go from my 3/4" pipe to a 1" manifold. Is this going to cause problem? It's going to be all connected up like this:

1" -> 5/8" -> 3/4" -> 1"

Seems a bit weird to me. My water pressure is somewhere between 85-95 psi, so maybe this isn't a huge issue. Should I just connect it up and hope it works out? Or do I need to make some changes at my POC?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 8th 2007, 9:52am

Not a problem. If you were watering acres of lawn, you'd replace the meter with a one inch, and maybe use inch-and-a-quarter for a longer indoor run of copper.

Rate this thread