You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ggunnell

Wednesday, April 11th 2007, 1:40am

Rainbird 5000 vs 5000 Plus

Is there any difference between the 5000 and 5000 Plus rotors other than the shutoff valve? Wipers/seals all the same? No reason to spec Plus rotors except for flow control? [:)]

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Wednesday, April 11th 2007, 9:27am

The cover is green instead of black...the spring is heavier duty...(so they say)

I think if I were using RB..which I'm not...I use Hunter..... I would use the PLUS just for the control of the water at the head while running..makes life easy easy easy.
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Tom

Supreme Member

Wednesday, April 11th 2007, 1:11pm

I like the 5000 plus. I've had good luck with them. The shut off feature is a huge plus.

ggunnell

Saturday, April 14th 2007, 3:43pm

Thanks, guys. Since individual head shutoff is not an issue on this job, I'll stay with the 5000's then.

Rate this thread