You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dennyboy34

Wednesday, April 11th 2007, 12:20pm

Tubing Clamps

Any suggestions for tubing clamps for 100 psi black polyethylene tubing with barbed fittings? System operating pressure will be 55 psi max. Lines will be buried within the frost zone. I was toying with the idea of using nylon double snap-grip type hose clamps (see picture link). These have good corrosion resistance and are good for low temperatures. They are much cheaper than 304 or 316SS worm-drive type hose clamps. Any comments or experience with these type of clamps?

http://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/113/gfx/large/9579kp1l.gif

Tom

Supreme Member

Wednesday, April 11th 2007, 1:13pm

Look for oeitker(spelling?) crimp clamps- cheap, fast and reliable

Admin

Administrator

Thursday, April 12th 2007, 4:54am

You should use stainless steel Pinch (Crimp) Clamps or Screw (Worm Gear) Clamps.

Here is a link to Pinch (Crimp) Clamps:
Stainless Steel Crimp Clamps

Here is a link to Screw Clamps:
Stainless Steel Worm Gear Clamps

SprinklerTalk.com

G82

Friday, April 18th 2008, 8:52pm

HOW DO YOU KNOW HOW FAR TO CRIMP THE STAINLESS CLAMPS & ARE THE STAINLESS CLAMPS DEPENDABLE IN A COLD CLIMATE? ?(

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, April 19th 2008, 4:23am

HOW DO YOU KNOW HOW FAR TO CRIMP THE STAINLESS CLAMPS & ARE THE STAINLESS CLAMPS DEPENDABLE IN A COLD CLIMATE? ?(
Crimp as far as you can, since the clamp is made for the specific outside diameter of the pipe you're clamping. What alternative to stainless steel would you be thinking about?

Thursday, April 24th 2008, 12:49pm

Yes they work fine in cold climates. I rarely use any other type of clamp.

jhacker

Unregistered

Tuesday, May 6th 2008, 4:29pm

PVC Pipe Connectors or Poly Pipe and clamps

I was told it's best to install my system with 1" diameter pvc pipe with pvc pipe connectors, and pvc cement. I was told <strong>NOT</strong> to use poly pipe, clamps, and no compression fittings. Can somebody guide me in the right direction on what is best to use? Thank You.

Rate this thread