You are not logged in.

shawn

Starting Member

Saturday, April 14th 2007, 9:03am

Moving a line of heads

I have a line of about 4 heads and I need to move them back towards property line. It's about a 1-2 foot move. How hard is this and what would the steps be to do this? The heads are Toro brand.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Monday, April 16th 2007, 5:34am

The answer depends upon how the heads are connected to the buried lateral pipes.

If funny pipe is being used, you replace the funny pipe with longer pieces of funny pipe.
If swing joints are being used, you'll have to make one of the "arms" of the swing joints longer.
If simple risers were used, you'd have to change over to something like funny pipe.

I would start by digging up around one of the heads in the middle of the run. Keep digging until you either reach a "T" connector or something else that seems to indicate you've hit the termination point for that head from the lateral line.

Then from there you should be able to either figure it out by yourself, or you can come back here, tell us what you found, and more detailed answers can be provided.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 17th 2007, 5:10am

I agree this will be easy for you. Start digging and see what you have.
Thanks,

Pete

lush96

Advanced Member

Sunday, April 29th 2007, 6:43pm

dig up each head and move it over. unscrew the head.....screw a fitting on the head fitting.........and add as much pipe as you need. easy.

lush96

Advanced Member

Wednesday, May 9th 2007, 6:50pm

how do you folks stay in business by using swing joints and funny pipe on your head connections. you guys know that swing joints arent cheap. if i use 5 a week, thats a lot. but it is the lazy mans way of installing. maybe you need to work on your craftsmanship.

Tom

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 12th 2007, 4:57am

a 2 foot move with 2 swing fittings and 2' of swing pipe is inexpensive, maybe 75 cents.

so, lush your posts are confusing, please inform us how you, the great one would perform this job..........

lush96

Advanced Member

Monday, May 14th 2007, 8:42pm

i already said it tom. and thanks for recognizing tom. ill bet 1 year of my companys profit that i can work circles around you tom. i am totally confident of that.

Tom

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 15th 2007, 3:36am

your the man lush! I just is a lowly worker bee..............

lush96

Advanced Member

Tuesday, May 15th 2007, 8:03pm

im a worker bee too, thats why i cant outinstall you in speed, quality, and neatness.

Tom

Supreme Member

Friday, May 18th 2007, 2:40pm

:)

Rate this thread