You are not logged in.

alexnet

Starting Member

Wednesday, April 18th 2007, 1:39pm

Tapping into poly service line

I'm installing a sprinkler system for my yard and need to figure out the right way of tapping into the 1" poly service line that goes from the meter to the house.

After researching, the right way seems to be a 1"x1"x1" Barb-Barb-Threaded (brass?) tee with double stainless crimp-on's on each side, and then 1" PVC to via threaded adapter to the sprinkler system. Is this correct?

Can anybody describe the tee installation procedure please? I'm a complete newbie in this and would really appreciate an expert advice.

Thanks a lot!

Alex.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, April 18th 2007, 2:45pm

The best fittings for this job are the ones used by the water department in your town. They can set you up with what you need. Outside of them, you would buy a Waterworks compression tee, from the same supplier that sells to the water departments. Nothing else is as good. Really thick service lines, and high water pressures, go beyond what the barbed fittings and clamps were designed for.

NCStateME

Friday, May 4th 2007, 6:06pm

I just did this at my dad's house... We cut into his 1" poly line from his well and used a 1" barb x 1" barb x 1" Female pipe thread grey plastic tee found at Lowes for a couple bucks. We secured the two barbs with stainless steel pipe clamps and screwed in a Sch 80 male pipe adapter to start the mainline. Worked like a charm.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 5th 2007, 1:30am

What weight was the poly line? What's the water pressure? A poly line from a well is not in the same league as a service line. Two different animals. The waterworks fittings aren't so expensive that you have to do without.

Rate this thread