You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

sprinklerdr

Thursday, April 19th 2007, 5:24am

New to us, has anyone used this?

It's called the Fertile Earth system. It is supposedly able to either fert. your lawn or inject pest control via a capillary line and injector. The website is http://www.fertileearth.com/. We're looking into this system as an alternative to Fertigator systems. We have installed many Fertigator sytems and are happy with them, but this system appears to be a bit more user friendly.

Thoughts??
Can't make it wet? Maybe I can help!

Tom

Supreme Member

Saturday, April 21st 2007, 4:07am

I've installed 3 of them. So far, so good.

Fertigation Guru

Monday, April 23rd 2007, 9:07am

I have used the Fertile Earth Feeder on a few properties. It has the easiest refill of any fertigation system by far. The only problem is that you have to use their proprietary fertilizer. The fertilizer is high quality and produces excellent results initially but is too dilute to sustain the landscape. Each jug contains about 60% water and a mix of Bio Natra with fertilizer. The instant green you will see is because of the high content of nitrate nitrogen in their fertilizer. However, I do know many contractors who have not been satisfied with the systems overall performance and Have sought out alternatives.

I also know they have had an o-ring problem which I am not sure if they fixed yet. All in all a great unit for a homeowner who is not very handy, but I would not recommend it for a contractor running a service business.

As far as the pest control I still have to test it as well as their new water meter. I will post more regarding these items after my trials.

Tom

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 24th 2007, 4:42am

I knew about the o-ring problem too. Supposedly it has been fixed, but who knows?

A company rep at a trade show was explaining the o-ring problem to me a few months ago. They have some new fertilizer out, but not sure of its performance.

Fertigation Guru

Tuesday, May 1st 2007, 9:41am

There fundemental flaw is the mechanical nature of the device. It will never be free from problems. They have pieces moving against o-rings, just like dose-a-tron whose seals have to be replaced every two years. Who wants to go back through all of there installations and do that?

Rate this thread