You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dzuroff

Monday, April 23rd 2007, 11:34am

Nozzle Configuration

I have a question about selecting the proper nozzles. First of all, I am not sure what my PSI rating is and i know that is the key to proper set up. My system uses a pump that draws water from a well so I am not connected to city water. Do I just connect a water pressure gage inline with the outgoing line and pressurize one zone? The main question I have is, say I have three heads.. one that rotates at 90 degrees, one the rotates 180 degrees, and one that rotates 360 degrees. Should the water output for the 90 degree head be 1/4 of the 360 degree head, and the 180 degree head be 1/2 the 360 head? It sounds logical, but I don't know if this is the correct approach.

Tom

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 24th 2007, 4:51am

Yes, thats the correct approach

But, for instance you will notice that say a 6 gpm full nozzle will spray much further than a 1.5 gpm quarter nozzle if your trying to set them up for the same distance. The full nozzle will have to be adjusted down and the spray will get very distorted. Your better off putting full circle heads on their own zone with a smaller nozzle(whatever your using for the 1/2 head) and running the zone for twice the time.

Rate this thread