You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, April 28th 2007, 1:21pm

Problems with Rainbird 100 DV Valve

I purchased a new house and it is two years old and the builder installed rain bird values. I blew out the system and when I turn the water back on all the Rain bird 100 DV valves remain on. I took one of the valves apart and the screens seemed clean. After re-assembling the water does not shut off.

We had and unusually bad winter last year if that matters.

Could this be a bad diaphragm?

Any help would be appreciated!

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Saturday, April 28th 2007, 2:41pm

Turn the solenoids to the right all the way..the guy who blew it out probably left them in the "on" position...

Odds of all of them going bad at the same time (even if it is only 2)......are pretty slim....
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Sunday, April 29th 2007, 9:26am

Thanks for the advice!

I tried turning them all the way to the right and they all still come on. Unfoturnatly I was the guy that blew them out. They installed a small valve that you can insert a air hose in order to blow out the system.

I kept the psi under 35 psi and opened all the soleniods to blow all the water out.

Any other ideas?

Tom

Supreme Member

Monday, April 30th 2007, 6:51pm

did you leave the bleed screws open too?

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 1st 2007, 6:06am

Recheck that you've got the valves turned ALL THE WAY TO THE RIGHT.

I recently fooled myself when a valve I had turned on manually for a test would no longer turn off with the controller.

milkplus

Unregistered

Monday, June 28th 2010, 10:39am

Re: Problems with Rainbird 100 DV Valve

When I turned on my spinkler system this year, one of the DV 100 valves would not close. I had replaced all the diaphragms about 7 years ago. The valves are about 15 years old. First, I took apart all the valves and inspected the diaphragms. They were fine. Then I started switching the solenoids around. Not much luck. Finally, I manually turned the solenoids to operate the sprinklers so my yard would not die from lack of water. After doing that, voila, the valves started working. They just needed flushed. Take home message for me is that if your valves won't close, try running them and turning them on/off manually to flush them out. I am going to take the advice of another person and seal the electrical connections so I don't get water into the solenoid by capillary action. These DV 100 valves are amazing; they sure last a long time.

Rate this thread