You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bitwise

Monday, April 30th 2007, 2:02pm

Source for discontinued Toro valves?

I need to find a Toro Model 53682 or equivalent valve to replace a broken unit in a system installed six years ago. I managed to shear off the center column by turning a "stuck" flow control valve the wrong way (yes, I know they said not to tighten it too far... what can I say, I'm just a dumb homeowner!) so now I have a leak/fountain that I've temporarily capped off with a #12 woodscrew.

I'd like to find a replacement of the same model so I can avoid having to replumb anything (and yes, having read the forum looking for an answer I see that Toro might not have been the best choice... I'd fire my landscaper but he's already out of business!).

Any suggestions on where to go looking for old inventory (already checked Ebay and found one nice lot but the auction doesn't end for another week) or even just parts (working on Reed's Irrigation Service right now) would be greatly appreciated. Or better yet, if someone out there has a unit (I believe the older model 53381 would also work) they'd be willing to sell me I have some thirsty young Aspen trees that would be forever in your debt.

KM
Reno, NV

bitwise

Monday, April 30th 2007, 4:11pm

Here's specs on the unit I'm looking for, FWIW:

http://www.toro.com/sprinklers/valves/inline/53682_53683.pdf

It's the one with the wheel on the top to allow manual flow adjustment

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, April 30th 2007, 5:28pm

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/detail.aspx?ID=189

bitwise

Tuesday, May 1st 2007, 6:10am

Thanks... I've already ordered one of those hoping it might be mechanically interchangeable with the one I broke... couldn't find specs or pix clear enough to be sure. Fingers crossed... will know tomorrow!

Rate this thread