You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Scooter

Tuesday, May 1st 2007, 7:36am

Backflow / vent not shutting

I just started up my sprinkler and water is shooting out of my vent. I have a water shutoff on the outside and a shutoff to my sprinker. When I turn on the water it shoots out the bottom/vent. When I slowly open the sprinkler part it still shoots out the bottom. If I run a zone the water stops coming out the bottom and flows to the sprinklers but when it stops it shoots out the bottom again. Why is the vent/backflow not shutting? Can I fix this with out replacing the whole device?

Scott

Tom

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 1st 2007, 8:52am

fouled check or relief valve

Scooter

Tuesday, May 1st 2007, 9:22am

Is there a diagram that would show how the check and / or relief valve work?

Can I replace those parts? I have 2 places that I can take apart - the siphon and then a part on top. Both have springs in them. The top part does not look like I could get the plastic part and spring out of the brass fitting.

Tom

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 1st 2007, 3:35pm

Google watever make and model you have. Be careful with the springs- they can bite ya

Rate this thread