You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Roofer

Wednesday, November 20th 2002, 12:59am

Too many zones?

Is this too many zones? I'm considering a proposed system with 24 zones. 45 rotors, 17 turf sprays, 44 shrub sprays. I've got low pressure (68psi at faucet), and they've suggested a .75 hp pump. My lot is over .75 ac. Sort of U shaped (with the left side curving out wider) with the house in the middle. The straight part (top of U) is about 240 ft long. The radius to the bottom of the U is almost 100 feet. I've got almost 500 ft of street frontage. Shortest distance from street to house is 50-60 feet. 3 rows of rotors going around the curved part of the U.

I'm worried about how long it will take to water, but no one put in a bid with less than 21 zones. I went with this guy because of his service reputation, installation practices and the feedback I got from other customers.

I know I probably haven't provided you enough information, but from what you can tell, does it seem to be a good design? Thanks for the help.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Wednesday, November 20th 2002, 1:19pm

Sounds pretty good. You might want to ask the contractor(s) if they could show you some of their previous work. Go with the most reliable contractor you can find. Look for reputation, quality, price, and best use of products. Go with the one YOU think is the best.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Friday, May 16th 2003, 2:13pm

What products is this contractor using? Otherwise it sounds Great!

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Rate this thread