You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

smerusi

Sunday, May 6th 2007, 11:27am

replace a Toro 300-01

Hi,

I need to replace a Toro 300-01 Rotor Series. I believe it is about 10 years old and was part of the original professional installation. Can you recommend a replacement?

Thanks,
Steve

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 6th 2007, 3:31pm

They still make them.

smerusi

Sunday, May 6th 2007, 3:44pm

Thanks for your response.

I did not see it on Sprinkler Warehouse. Did I miss it? Is there another place you recommend to purchase it from?

Thanks,
Steve

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 6th 2007, 4:48pm

If your system is all 300 series heads, it's worth the extra effort to keep it all original equipment. Pros still install systems of 300 series stream rotor heads, so look to their suppliers (local yellow pages) or Toro.

lush96

Advanced Member

Wednesday, May 9th 2007, 6:42pm

just change to hunter. its a better head. if you mix and match different rotor heads......it doesnt make a difference how fast or slow it rotates. trust me. i have thousands of accounts where this is the case and the lawns are all green. this isnt rocket science.....its lawn sprinklers. its real easy.

lush96

Advanced Member

Wednesday, May 9th 2007, 6:46pm

all original equipment. by definition that means putting the broken head back in. then it would be all original equipment. hunter pgp heads are easy to adjust, and replacement is easy. just unscrew the guts.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 9th 2007, 10:26pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> just change to hunter. its a better head<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">The Toro Stream Rotor (300 series) was designed by Ed Hunter. It remains the most reliable gear drive head in existence. There is nothing sold by the Hunter company that can touch it. It does take a brain to actually fit the blank head with arc disc and nozzle turret, so most installers don't ever try to use them, especially since they don't spray as far as more common gear drive heads. That the Hunter heads are 2 inches taller, sometimes makes them unsuitable for replacing shorter heads.

Rate this thread