You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, May 6th 2007, 12:53pm

Barbed fittings for poly

I'm down to my list of fittings for the first circuit of my (large) system. I've done all the calculations for my system per IrrigationTutorials, then have jacked the various pipe sizes up one size to minimize head loss. I'm trying to minimize the number of fittings (thereby eliminating the pressure drop caused by each) by combining as many functions as possible into one fitting. Does anyone know if a company makes the following and where I might purchase them (these are all poly barbed Tee fittings, barbs on all legs):

1. 2" in x 2" out x 1" side
2. 2" in x 1.5" out x 1" side
3. 1.5" in x 1.5" out x 1" side
4. 1.5" in x 1.5" out x .75" side
5. 1.5" in x 1.25" out x 1" side
6. 1.5" in x 1.25" out x .75" side

I know I can use several fitting to get the reductions I want but I'm trying to keep the system as "clean" (hydraulically speaking) as possible. Googling doesm't yield much support for reducing T's for larger pipe sizes so I thought I'd throw this out there before I wasted much more time looking for something that doesn't exist.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 6th 2007, 3:48pm

No worries over 'hydraulic cleanliness' if you simplify, and add a fitting or two. Selection #2 may not exist, so use #1 and a reducing coupling. Same idea if you can't locate the others.

Rate this thread